Monday, January 05, 2009

A Break from Soup


Cheese Souffle
Originally uploaded by Tara H.

I got a souffle dish for my birthday. Back in August. Today, I finally got to use it. This is a cheese souffle using this recipe. (I used smoked gouda instead of cheddar, and also put a little minced garlic in with the butter. Otherwise, followed the exact recipe). It was GOOD. Don't fear the souffle. It isn't that hard. And it's like eating a cloud. Maybe I should change this to the Winter of Souffle.

I am dedicating this, my first souffle, to my friend Kevin M., in honor of his new job and because he was nice enough to go to a very very girly souffle restaurant to help us celebrate my 40th birthday.

On an unrelated note, I saw a mockingbird today. It made me happy. It's the first one I've seen since leaving Texas.

5 comments:

K. said...

Real Mentooth don't eat souffle.

Tara said...

K. doesn't comment often, but when he does, you will find it was worth the wait.

fooiemcgoo said...

i am not sure what that is but it looks good.

i am going to try to come here more again.


i like that picture of daphnie having a party. there is so much color in it, and everything looks so perfect, that it looks like something out of pottery barn kids.

werd up.

Kevin said...

The souffle meal at Rise was questionable at best. However, I have to say that was one of the best ham sandwiches I've ever eaten. And the little guillotine bread cutter was fun to play with.

I'm glad to hear it's so easy... that relieves me of any responsibility to go to a souffle joint again! :-)

Gye Greene said...

So, you had to wait 'til you moved to a new state (sorry: ''Commonwealth'') before you could try out your birthday present? ;)


I c'n identify.


--GG

Word: ''vockin' ''. (e.g. ''Man, that suitjacket is vockin'!!!'')