Saturday, January 03, 2009

Nuevo Ano

Happy New Year!

I think it's already the 3rd, but I wanted to blog a New Year's blog, and Daphne's engrossed in Charlie and Lola, so I have a brief window.

For the most part, 2008 was a drag. But there were some moments I will remember happily (do you feel a list coming on?). Here are a few good 2008 times:

  • Trip to Oklahoma with the Mantooth family.
  • Dave Brubeck at the Blue Note in NYC.
  • East Texas Craft weekend with HS friends.
  • Mommy's Night Out dinners with Anne and Emily.
  • Sledding on Kev's birthday.
  • Cooking Thanksgiving dinner with my mom.
  • Indiana road trip.
  • Pink Martini at the House of Blues.
  • Picking up people at airports.
  • Going to Colorado, having crepes.
  • Oktoberfest at the Mighty Midget.
  • Daphne's 2nd birthday party.
  • Birth of the great Blueberry.
  • Every time there was ice cream.

In 2009, I look forward to continuing the Winter of Soup, going to Texas, seeing our Cherry Trees blossom and Peonies bloom, getting unpacked, knitting, decorating the house, riding my bike, taking walks as often as possible, taking the Peanut camping, and getting my parents and brother moved up here, and probably some other stuff that I can't think of.

Well, Charlie and Lola is over, and Daphne's on the loose with crayons. Better get back to work now...Hope your 2009 is a good one.

1 comment:

Gye Greene said...

''Winter of Soup'': That's a song title right there! Kev...?


(''Oh it brings us much hoop
for the coming year
This winter of soup
which we all hold most dear
It's hearty and warming
and full of good things
The winter of soup,
and the joy that it brings

Chor:
Oh the winter of soup
The winter of soup
The season that I hold most dear
Oh the winter of soup
The winter of soup
My favorite time of the year

It gives us the vim
and the vigor we need
Our tummies are hungry
And in need of a feed
It's full of fine veggies
And maybe some meat
So put on the kettle
And turn up the heat

(Chor)

There's no Charlie Brown special
for the Winter of Soup
But it makes me so giddy
That I let out a whoop
It makes my eyes glow
And it makes life so yummy
I so love the way that it
Fills up my tummy

(Final chor.)'')



Whoe!

Umm -- where'd **that** come from...???


--GG