Sunday, January 18, 2009

Lazy Sunday


There is pumpkin bread baking in my oven. The whole house smells good. A giant flock of Canada Geese just flew right over my house, honking away. I went out to watch, even though it is about 24 degrees. It was just like Winged Migration. See that movie if you haven't already. Daphne is asleep, and Kev is off to Kohl's in search of the perfect pants. And I am blogging, waiting for the pumpkin bread to get done so I can eat it in my chair by the fire with a nice decaf latte before Daphne wakes up.
The picture has nothing to do with any of this, but I like to have pictures in the posts for color. It is a peanut plant on Day 17 of it's life. We got the peanut plant kit for Christmas, and I am determined to follow all the steps and grow at least one actual edible peanut this spring. Daphne helps me water it every day. She must be good luck, because it's doing well. And I can't grow ANYTHING.
Here is a list of some things I want to do in Texas (besides hang out with my family):
  • Go to dinner with Anne and Emily
  • Hang out with my friends from HS.
  • Have good Barbeque.
  • Get happy feet (I think I still may have a free gift certificate!)
  • Get a burrito at Freebirds (thanks, Rob)
  • Go to Central Market
  • Go to the bookstore by myself
  • Knit something / Go to the Shabby Sheep
  • Drive past my old house (maybe)
  • Sleep in
  • Play with Albert

It probably won't all happen, but some of it will, and I can't wait. If only I didn't have to fly on a plane to get there.

OK...pumpkin bread time. Aaaaah. Sometimes I'm so glad this isn't a football house. I like Sunday.

No comments: