Monday, June 07, 2010

Making the Best of a Bad Thing

Well, Daphne's birthday weekend was probably not what she hoped it to be. She spent most of it with a "really super bad tummy-ache" which resulted in some very unpleasant moments for the whole family. But there was a little fun mixed in, along with the promise of a more festive celebration next weekend.

In spite of being sick, she enjoyed opening her presents. The BIG ONE was a brand new big kid bike:
At first, she couldn't figure out how to get on it, and she was scared that it was going to fall over. But after a few minutes, she got the hang of it. I'm looking forward to her full recovery so we can get outside and give it real spin in the cul de sac. I think Quincy is, too.

Yesterday, we spent a lot of time doing nothing. We sat on the porch and enjoyed a nice little thunderstorm:
I took my car to the AutoWash to have the interior cleaned after last Friday's unfortunate backseat incident. It's like a brand new car. It wasn't cheap, but it was worth it.
Last night, Daphne had a relapse, but she seems much better this morning. At the moment, she is in the other room watching Barney, which is why I'm in the kitchen not watching TV with her. She somehow discovered the Sprout channel while she was sick. I can't take it, man.
OK...here are a couple new bike videos:


I hope your weekend was better than ours and that you and the people in your families are all nice and healthy. Barney is over, so I'm going back into the other room to hang out with my little girl now. Now, where is that remote...

1 comment:

Gye Greene said...

I see you're one of the COOL parents that lets their kids ride their bikes INSIDE THE HOUSE... ;)


--GG