Sunday, June 13, 2010

Thanks, Uncle Jeff

For her birthday, Daphne got a kid-size drum set yesterday from Uncle Jeff. She got to work right away writing this song. I mostly can't tell what the heck she's saying. I told her that. I said, "Daphne, I can't really tell what you're saying." And she said, "That's the problem with Rock and Roll." So true, so true.

It's something about "GIMME SOME DRUMS FOR CHRISTMAS!"

I really especially love the BIG ROCK ending.

My kid is cool. I'm allowed to say that, right? Because she just is.

5 comments:

Christina said...

Yes, your kid is cool! And you're hilarious that you've trained her to be so musically talented! I like how she began AND ended the song and her comments were hilarious! I'm impressed that you were willing to get her drums though, in terms of the noise.

Tara said...

She gets her musical talent from her daddy!
They ARE noisy, but I really don't mind. Maybe she can use these skills to pay for college someday!

Tara said...

By the way, glad you enjoyed all the old pictures! I've been doing this for a LONG time!

Gye Greene said...

Brilliant!

What with the "1, 2, 3, 4", she needs to join a Ramones tribute band.

Love the Vox amp off to the side. Niiiice...!!!


--GG

Heather Binkley said...

A rat-a-tat-tat! Love it! She is soooo cool! You and Kevin are doing a great job with her.