Friday, June 11, 2010

Take Two

For the second Friday in a row, I find myself furiously preparing for Daphne's birthday party. I fear it may be a bit of a let-down. At least for me. For Daphne, it will probably be great, and that is the important thing after all.

This week, I am not as frantic as last week. I think I benefited from the "dress rehearsal," if you will. Today, all I really had to do was re-clean and bring the party supplies back downstairs.

And make the chocolate and raspberry sauces. Yes. Now, THAT was fun. Don't they look delicious up there in their sqeezey bottles? I can't wait to try some on ice cream. Best part: NO high fructose corn syrup. Recipes here.

Tomorrow morning, we swing back into hard core party mode. But for now, I am going to enjoy a little calm before the storm, and maybe spend some time with my library book:

While some of it is kinda hokey, there are parts that have been really inspiring. In fact, I put some of the ideas into practice today, and I've already noticed a difference. I shall report more on this later. I shall also report on our unfortunate incident with thieves. So upsetting.

But now, I'm off to read another chapter before Daphne wakes up. Party pics coming soon! Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Gye Greene said...

Thieves: Unfortunate. But, I'm intrigued.

Trivia: In the U.S., modern Coke seems to be made w/ corn syrup. In AU, it's with "regular" sugar -- lots of sugar cane farms, not too much corn.


--GG