Tuesday, June 08, 2010

LRHS - B.P. (before the Peanut)

There has been some discussion around the house lately about how this blog has become very "Daphne-and-Food-Centric."

My response to this is, "Well, that's about all I've got."

I spend about 98 percent of my awake time either cooking, planning meals to cook, shopping for food to cook, and taking care of Daphne. So, you'll have to forgive me if I no longer have time to muse much on my battles with imaginary diseases or to contemplate which people I might want to haunt someday.

I'm not complaining. I LOVE my S.A.H.M. job. It is the best thing I've ever been allowed to do. But, I probably do need to find some outside activities.

This evening, I am going out with the women on my block to say goodbye to our awesome neighbor Martha, who I will never forgive for leaving me the only Southerner in the neigborhood . Perhaps something interesting will happen that is not Daphne or food related. If so, I will blog about it.

In the meantime, I was curious to see what I was blogging about five years ago today, in the days before mommyhood. Please click the link and enjoy the Ghost of Tara Past as she discusses German pop music: Flashback to June 8, 2005.

I am suddenly very extra thankful that Daphne came along.

I do miss sitting around watching bad 50s movies with Kev though. I'm gonna try to make that happen. If we can still stay awake long enough.

2 comments:

Christina said...

NO worries! I used to hear that about my blog a long time ago. But, you're right that our lives revolve around our kids so it's no surprise!

Gye Greene said...

Thank you for continuing w/ the blog. I think yours is the only blog (out of six?) that I've followed that hasn't given it up after a bit.


--GG