Thursday, June 03, 2010

Pomp and Circumstance

Pictured above, is Daphne on the first day of school (last September). Pictured below, is the same kid on the last day of school (this morning). She definitely has a last-day-of-school look on her face, huh?

And tomorrow will be her last day to be three. I am trying not to freak out about that. Or about this:

Back in September, she couldn't do that. Ugh. My silver hairs are multiplying exponentially just looking at the picture. NEXT!

This morning, Daphne's pre-school had a Moving-Up ceremony for the three year old class, since they are moving up to the 4's next year. There is Daphne, not up a tree but safe on the ground, awaiting her diploma and giving us a wave. (Aaahhh...silver hairs retreating...) It was a great ceremony. The kids marched in to Pomp and Circumstance and I cried a little bit. (I know. Don't say it.) Then they did some songs and poems. Next they received diplomas. And finally, it was party time!
Kev and I gave Daphne some flowers and a stuffed Boston Terrier which she immediately gave the very original name "Doggo."

My mom and dad got to come, and we all went out to lunch afterward. Then, Daphne went to have a sleepover at G-Ma and G-Pa's so that I could switch into Taz mode and get ready for the birthday party. I bought all the food and wrapped all the gifts, and now all I really need to do is clean the house in case it rains and we have to move the party indoors. If THAT happens, I will just have to take a deep breath and try my best to keep the silver hairs from completely taking over.
Please don't let it rain...please don't let it rain...please don't let it rain...
OK. Off to bed. Must get rested up for tomorrow's final push. I think I can see the finish line...WOOHOO!



1 comment:

Gye Greene said...

Congrats to D for "graduating"!

Tree: Good luck with that... :)

"Rain, rain, go away..."


--GG