- Good bagel sandwiches can be found at Deli South, Puccios, and Shoes. I believe Kev really likes the omelets at Deli South as well. These places are all very casual - Shoes has the best atmoshpere of the three. The ciabatta breakfast sandwiches at South Street Under are also great, and you can eat outside if it isn't too hot.
- La Lou has a good Sunday brunch, but I prefer their dinners.
- I haven't been to Palio yet, but I really want to go for brunch because I think they have Nutella bananas foster crepes.
- Cajun experience has a great brunch, but I have never been able to figure out exactly when they have it. We just happened to go during the flower and garden festival. You CANNOT beat their begniets if you want a breakfasty treat. They have awesome cheddar grits too. Call first to make sure they're open. They have outdoor seating now which we haven't had a chance to try yet.
- Puccios - great sandwiches. It gets busy though...sometimes you have to wait a while to get your food. I love sitting on their porch.
- Pulled pork bbq sandwiches at the Philomont General Store. YUM.
- Good bbq also at the gourmet grocery in Paeonian Springs. At both of these places, you have to eat outside. And neither has the best barbecue in the world, but it's the best we've found north of Memphis.
- Best thing to do is pack a lunch and go to a winery.
- Croque Monsieur and torta palla at the Wine Kitchen. Torta palla are little balls of chocolate happiness.
- Butter chicken at Angeethi. With a nice mango lassi. I think this is my favorite meal in Leesburg.
- Yellow curry from the Thai place at the gas station. Love the pineapple in this. With Thai iced tea if they have it.
- Shrimp and Grits or Corn chowder at Tuskies. The mussels are great too. And the fried zucchini. And the roasted red pepper bisque if they have it - it's a special. Their bread pudding is my favorite Leesburg dessert. Have never had a bad meal at Tuskies.
- I have had several different things at La Lou and liked them all. Our favorite place for date night.
- Chicken and Andouille Gumbo at the Cajun Experience. Delicious. I don't like the potatoes that come with it, but Kev does. Begniets for dessert of course.
- Have only been to Shoes for dinner once, and it was good. I really want to sit in their Secret Garden at night.
- Red Kebab is great too, but more for a casual weeknight dinner than an anniversary. I get the #2.
Menues for pretty much all of these places can be found on line. I am too lazy to post links this morning.We have thus far not found any great pizza or Mexican food. Help in this area would be appreciated.
Now I am hungry.
Anyway, that's just what I like. I would be happy with any of those meals at any time on any day, especially because I would not be the one cooking them.
Another very helpful website is Every Restaurant in Leesburg by the great Jim. If there is a restaurant you want to know about, chances are he's reviewed it.
So, happy anniversary to Christina and Wade! Enjoy your free weekend, and let me know if you find any good food that I should try!