Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Summer Cont'd

Yesterday, we got a brief reprieve from the Texas-like weather, so after a lot of cajoling, I got Daphne to agree to go for a walk with me. She brought along her camera and took about a hundred pictures of the sidewalk. Some of them are actually pretty cool. I'll update her flick page as soon as I can.

It was a nice walk. We went to the new hot dog place, which was just as good as last time, but I noticed they are now selling a book in there called "Never Put Ketchup on a Hot Dog." They are trying as hard as they can to lose my business. It's a good thing for them that I'm working on my new "Happiness Project" attitude. I am almost done with the book. Review coming soon.

Speaking of Daphne's camera, it was a big hit with the kids at her birthday party. It was passed around to various party guests who ended up taking some of my favorite shots. I just love the perspective you get from a height of three feet. I'll post some of those on Daphne's flickr page too. There's a link on the sidebar if you want to check them out.


I have a LOT of homemade chocolate syrup left. It only lasts two weeks. I have a lot of sprinkles, marshmallows, mini M&Ms, crushed oreos, and ice cream left too. And two packages of hot dogs. Hmmm...I'm thinking a Father's Day make-your-own-sundae party may be in order.


Gotta use up that syrup somehow...

Unrelated: I love the World Cup, but I cannot take those trumpets. They make me want to run away. How can anyone actually go to a stadium and sit through a match with all that noise going on?
Cooking class tomorrow with Daphne. Should be fun.

2 comments:

Heather Binkley said...

Ok. I figured out the ketchup thing. :) The chocolate syrup was delicious! Are you using it to make chocolate milk?

Gye Greene said...

Ketchup: That's just food snobbery. Garlic, soy sauce -- whatever butters yer beans, dude!

Choc sauce: Good spiral.

World cup: The Lady was watching the World Cup last night, and I asked her what that weird noise was in the audio feed. She pointed out that it was the horns. (Seems like noise-cancelling headphones might help a bit.) She said the BBC (I think) is looking in to getting a feed with just the commentators, not the stadium mics.


--GG