Wednesday, January 01, 2014

HNY


Happy New Year!  The blog will return to tales of Christmas, but I wanted to start off 2014 with a New Year's post.  Last night, our little family had a mini New Year's Eve party, complete with signs and fancy clothes.  Sign by Daphne.


While Kev made dinner, Daphne and I took pictures of ourselves in our NYE hats:


Dinner was Tapas-style.  Spanish cheese, ham, Spanish omelet, quince paste, grapes, and mushrooms with melty manchego. Delicious.  Place cards by Daphne.


I wore my owl sweater and Kev wore a tie. Fancy.  Because it was New Year's Eve.  Photo by Daphne.


And I made chocolate mousse.


Then we played Scrabble.  Kev and Daphne v. Mommy.  I won, but only because I got the Q, Z, J, and X.  Daphne is really good at Scrabble for a 7 year old.


Here is her favorite word of the night.  She came up with this move all by herself.  You should have heard all the Beavis and Butthead snickering going on. A proud parenting moment.


So, on that note, Happy New Year to you, wherever you are.  Let's have a good 2014.

Heh heh heh.  She spelled TOILET.  Uh...huh huh.  Heh heh.

No comments: