Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Taking Down Christmas


Daphne finally went back to school today.  There wasn't even a delay!  I have to tell you it felt VERY weird to be all alone.  In a good way.  But there is so much that needs to be done now that I have time, that it's hard to know where to start.  So, today, I started with Pilates.  I even wore my new Pilates toe socks, which are warm, surprisingly comfortable, and make me feel like a Muppet.  In a good way.

After Pilates, I usually feel really great, and today was no exception.  I can do ANYTHING after I go to Pilates.   So I came home and took down Christmas.


I hate taking down Christmas.  It makes me sad.  Plus, it's a giant pain.  I have to bring all the bins up from the scary basement and load them up and drag them back down.  

I tried to be really organized about it this year.  I went around the house and collected everything, then put it all on the dining room table and put it away as neatly as possible.

I noticed that the Town is also taking down Christmas today.  Some workers came by and undecorated the lamp posts.  I wonder if they were as sad as I was.


Next, I took all the ornaments off the tree, arranged them on the table, and put them away.  All except this one:


We'll put that one in a special place.  We're going to miss Doug.


Here is what he looks like now.  Only the lights are left.  That's Kev's job.  There are going to be needles everywhere, but that's OK.  Really happy that we had a real tree this year.  Thank you, Doug,

Tomorrow, I start taking back the house.  Room by room.

Yes.




No comments: