Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Dog Peace

Frankly, I'm a little stressed out. I am trying hard to be calm, but things are somewhat difficult right now and I'm feeling it. I worry about jobs and money and my friends and the state of the world and the plight of the polar bear and other creatures and it just gets to me sometimes.

So I was working at my parents' house today and feeling all stressed, so I got Albert and went outside. I sat down on the swing and got the dog brush and Albert came over because he loves the dog brush. And suddenly, I was concentrating on the repetative motion of brushing Albert, and the cool breeze, and the singing birds and Albert's happy dog face and it was like BAM! Instant serenity.

Maybe this will be helpful to you if you are stressed and have a pet and a swing.

No comments: