Monday, November 22, 2004

Thanksgiving List

Well, as Thanksgiving approaches, I thought it would be appropriate to blog a list of things I am thankful for. So, here goes:

My nice family, Kev, Kev's nice family, Albert, all of my friends, my good house, my front porch with swing, the brief periods of sunshine over the weekend, that the sun is supposed to come out again Wednesday, coffee, my friend Damon is OK, critters of all kinds, PBS, KERA (esp Fresh Air and Diane Rehm and Glen Mitchell), freedom to blog, White Rock Lake, Central Market, the groove, the Christmas spirit, housepants, nice people who don't litter and do take good care of their pets, and ice cream, popcorn, pie and various other treats.

Thanksgiving is a good holiday because it is about food and fellowship instead of gifts. And now that I am a grown-up, I like more of the traditional food items, so I don't have to ask my mom to make extra different stuff or order pizza.

Not-so-fun fact: Domestic turkeys aren't very bright. Many of them die because they don't know how to eat when they are born. Also, they have been know to drown in the rain by looking up.

1 comment:

K. said...

My apologies Christina; this fun "fact" comes from my dad, but after a little research, it appears to be mostly myth. There is a kernel of truth to it though since baby turkeys often used to die of exposure when it rains due to poor turkey parenting skills. At least according to the Internet:

http://www.discovergames.com/butterball.html
http://www.snopes.com/critters/wild/turkey.htm

Thanks for keeping us honest here at the Lazy Russian Horses Show. We are for the most part city folk and are not wise in the ways of turkeys.

-K.