Saturday, November 13, 2004

Saturday Morning Shorts

  • If you want to see a good movie and don't mind some swear-words and nakeds, go to see Sideways. It is one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. If you are particularly beaten-down, it might make you feel better about your life, even.
  • I was thinking maybe consumers should get together and stop paying movie theater prices for snacks. They suck you in with the popcorn smell. It isn't right.
  • If you want a good meal, try Mai's Vietnamese restaurant at Bryan and Fitzhugh. The food is great and cheap, and the people who work there are very nice.
  • If you don't have recycling in your neighborhood, you can take your newspapers to the SPCA or other shelters to be shredded and used in the crates for the pets.
  • I wish Samurai Jack would come back to Cartoon Network.
  • I recently got a mail-order catalog where you can order a life-size giraffe for your yard. Is there really a market for that? The same catalog also had velvet cloaks. They weren't trying to be funny.
  • I am worried about Pancho. He hasn't been around lately.

6 comments:

K. said...

Occasional readers of the Lazy Russian Horses Show may be left wondering if there is any underlying theme to this blog. Welcome to my world. Having a conversation with T. is often like watching a firefly. One minute it is over here, then just when you think you have a fix on the topic, it makes a seemingly random jump into hyperspace and is over there. In fact the transition is never random, you just can't see the firefly connecting the dots.

K. said...

I'm putting in some requests for future blogs:

The Bedbug Always Bites Twice
Adventures in Public Transportation
- Part 1: Funny Train Smells
- Part 2: Witchcraft In Your Shoes
- Part 3: Prisoners in Slippers
The Naked Running Man
The Many Times I've Been Pooped On
Partying With Yanni and Other Brushes With Fame
Struck By Lightning
Make Me a Pallet On the Floor
Hand Puppet Hilarity
Attacked by Terns
Song for Pancho
A Man Named Fred

Tara said...

Now THAT"S what I'm talking about! I will try to get to all of those requests when there is nothing in immediate need of blogging. Thanks, "K."!

john clarke said...

I saw Sideways as well and also recommend it. Weird that I didn't notice the swear words and nakedness. I think that's because most movies I see include both. What's the big deal about swear words and nakedness anyway? I realize that I probably should tone down my own use of foul language, but I wholly embrace nakedness.

Also, I'd like to kick a shout out to Vietnam Restaurant on Bryan and Peak, a few blocks south of Mai's. They generally have better food than Mai's and a more diverse menu of Vietnamese food, including the incredibly delicous and super inexpensive Vietnamese sandwich. Their lunch buffet is also really good. And that's saying something for a person who generally avoids the buffett at all costs.

K. said...

mmmm...popcorn....

Tara said...

Karen- Sure! Glad you enjoy the blog.