Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Nerves

Tonight I am going to my first Sierra Club meeting. I am nervous. I don't like situations where I have no idea what to expect. I don't know if there will be 10 people there, or 200 people. I don't know if anyone will welcome me or talk to me. Oh dear, I hope I don't have to stand up and introduce myself! It sucks to have low self-esteem. Because of my job, I am going to be late getting there, so I hope I don't make a big spectacle of myself by coming in late. It's just like the first day at a new school. Ugh.

But in spite of nerves, I am excited about going to the meeting. I hope they assign me to writing some letters to senators. I recently wrote to a senator about landfills, and he wrote back! It was cool to get mail from a senator, even if it was a fill in the blank type form letter with a rubber-stamp signature. "Thanks for your letter, Tara H., I share your concerns about, landfills."

By the way, in case anyone was wondering, the mushroom lasagna was pretty good. Groove on!

1 comment:

Robert_M said...

They will send handwritten letters if you vote.