Monday, November 08, 2004

Ho Ho Ho Hum

On Saturday, I was driving over to meet Julie for our trip to Paris Texas. On the way, I was flipping through radio stations, and landed on Sunny 97.1, which was playing "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer." Mind you, it was November 6. And it was a warm sunny day. So, there I am in my car, AC blasting, listening to a Christmas song. I still have Halloween candy ! So I thought, maybe they punched the wrong button or something, and I stuck around for the next song. "Chestnusts roasting on an open..." WHAT?! It wasn't a fluke. Sunny 97.1 is playing all Christmas, all the time. Already. Dangit. They used to wait until at least Thanksgiving. No wonder people are against Christmas. It gets shoved down our throats for 2 solid months! I love the holiday season, but I am not sure it really needs to start just yet. So, watch out for Sunny 97.1 if you want to still like Christmas by December.

Our trip to Paris was fun. I got to see Whitney and Bob, and their cute girls and good dogs. Paris Texas has a fake Eiffel Tower with a big red cowboy hat on top. I will post a picture of it if I can figure out how to change a portrait-oriented photo to landscape. The drive up was pretty, with lots of hawks and farm animals to see along the way. We had good barbecue there, but I have forgotten the name of the restaurant. It is on the main loop across from the McDonalds. The service was excellent. I recommend the smoked turkey sandwich. Paris Texas does not have a Target, but it does have a town square.

The Simpsons Halloween show was pretty bad this year. I think maybe the Simpsons should probably stop.

Tonight's meal is Portobello Mushroom Lasagna, which I made this morning before I came to work. I hope it is good, and can help repair the groove damage from the chicken incident of last week.

The PPHPHB is in full swing again, and have almost finished the follow-up to Otra Parte.

Good Neighbor Ron is having a birthday party for his Boston Terrier, Topsy, this weekend. Topsy will be 42. There should be some good dogs there and I am looking forward to it.

No fun fact today. That's all for now.

1 comment:

Robert_M said...

No target=no minter but I'm glad the Whitney family is back in these here parts..sort of.