Thursday, September 22, 2005

The Library = Good

In preparation for a stormy weekend, I have just made a trip to the local library to stock up on chair-time material. I wonder if I have already blogged about how much I love the library. It is so great. You can just go in there and it's quiet and you are surrounded by shelves and shelves of books. And then, you can pick out as many as you want, and take them home FOR FREE! And if you don't like them, you didn't waste any money, you just take them back. And you don't have to find a place in your already-crowded house to store them when you finish reading them, you just take them back. You don't even have to put them away. Someone else does it for you! The only problem I have, being kind of a germaphobe and all, is that I am a little wigged about all the other people who have handled the books. Oh well, I'll just don my dusting bandana and wash my hands a lot.

Here is what I got at the local library today:
  • Life's Journey According to Mister Rogers
  • Texas Hold'Em* by (future Governer of Texas) Kinky Friedman
  • Traveling While Married
  • Quick Escapes from Dallas/Fort Worth
  • Off the Beaten Path - Texas
  • The Work at Home Sourcebook
  • Terra Incognita - Travels in Antarctica**
  • Simple Crochet

* This is NOT about Poker, it is sort of an autobiography/Texas history

** Do you think it is some kind of a sign that the Antarctica book is called "Terra" Incognita?

So, I reckon that even though the satellite will probably go out and the internet too, what with all the rain and wind and so forth, I've got plenty to keep me busy. Plus I have one of those little lights you hook onto your book, so bring on the black-out, man!

2 comments:

whitneydonkey said...

Great idea about the library.
I really enjoy Kinky Friedman's fiction. I've read a few of them.

I don't know what we will do with the kids if the power goes out.

I guess I need to get a 4pack of flashlights. Everyone will fight for the flashlight. I might get a snake light for myself. I could wrap it around my arm and read magazines!

Gye Greene said...

Libraries ARE nifty!!! :)

Library germs: Those disposable latex gloves?


--GG