Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Rush Knucklehead and Soup Update

Well, it is nigh upon 10pm and all is dark across the way. Our neighborhood may be spared the beating that is poorly-played art rock tonight. But I am prepared with the camera if anything happens in the next few minutes.

So far, I have only received 2 soup recipes (thanks to Darlene and Julie!), which would make for a sort of pitiful soup book, so the project is on hold unless I get a few more recipes. I though for sure that sa_eric and john_clarke, both people who enjoy cooking more than me, would have a soup they'd like to share. I know, I know...you are all very busy with your "jobs" and your "lives."

Why is it that people who are strict about certain things are given the name "______ nazi"? Like the Soup Nazi. Why not the Soup Facist? Kev says I am the Dishwasher Nazi because I like an orderly loading of the dishwasher, rather than just putting things in there all helter-skelter. You can fit so much more in there when you are orderly about it, and this saves water and energy because you don't have to run it as often, and I would think Kev would be all for that.

Today I was at Target, and I almost got myself a Vote for Pedro T-shirt, but then I remembered I am supposed to be a grown-up, and I thought about what Stacy and Clinton would say, so I put it back, and instead I got Kev some sock monkey boxers.

I don't care what anyone says, The Office (America) is hilarious.

Well, it's 10:15 now, and it doesn't appear that there will be any live entertainment this evening. Time for a peaceful night's sleep.

6 comments:

marty said...

Disappointment is the only word to describe the Stacy and Clinton comment!

john clarke said...

Actually, I have a pretty decent tortilla soup recipe. But that would mean having to go dig out that recipe. I'll get back to you at a later date.

The Hatleyman said...

Why not get a "Save Monkey Boxers" shirt...or, "Vote for My Monkey Boxers"...or, "Vote for My Monkey IN My Boxers"...

Gye Greene said...

Good Q, re: the Nzi question. Yeah, technically it'd be "fascist." A "dishwasher Nazi" would be interested (you'd think) in ridding the world of all imperfect dishwashers, or dishwashers that didn't fit with her/his ideal vision of dishwasher-ness.

Which is kinda stupid.


--GG

whitneydonkey said...

I've got a mushroom soup recipe.
but now its 30 min till i leave for work.
i'll put it in your comments tomorrow.

tschy said...

I knew if I kept looking that I would find something that you and I have in common (other than family). I too am quite anal about how the diswasher is loaded. I almost always reorganize it if anyone else loads a few items.