Monday, September 26, 2005

Rush Song of the Day

I am not sure what time the blogger thingy says it is, but in real life, I am posting this at 10:30 on Monday evening. I just came in from the porch, where I sat for a while listening to our neighbor across the way playing "Xanadu." And before you get your roller skates out, I'm not talking about the Xanadu theme from the Olivia Newton John movie, but the one from the Rush album, A Farewell to Kings. I wish I had a tape recorder and could somehow play it for you on this blog. I could hear the CD he plays along with in the background, and I could see the silhouette of our mystical neighbor in the window. I am so tempted to go back out and snap a photo as nonchalantly as possible, but I am too chicken. Maybe tomorrow, as I'm sure when the clock strikes 10, he'll be at it again. I can't believe no one has called the cops. I think I'll put an anonymous request in his mailbox sometime: Please, will you play "Workin' Man" tonight, and I'd like to dedicate it to my husband "Guillaume," because he works so hard every day. I'll be listening. Thanks! Love, Neighbor X.

At least it's a different song every night.

3 comments:

john clarke said...

Please post a picture of the Rush knucklehead. Please! Just use the zoom feature on the camera or mount a covert James Bond mission to capture his image.

If you get a chance to leave a note, tell him john_clarke on Gaston wants to hear "2112."

Julie said...

T- go ahead and leave the request- but add to it that you would like to hear it at 8pm not 10pm- If it doesn't work- ask him what he would like to hear at 5:00am?

Gye Greene said...

Rush guy: 2112 is good. (Love that "Priests of the Temple of Syrinx" song!) How about "Tom Sawyer"?

Ask him if he knows any Queensryche.


Actual time: A little bit into my blogging adventure, I realized I could go into the "settings" function in Blogspot and set the time to my actual, local time. I take it you haven't done that? :)


--GG