Thursday, September 22, 2005

Preparing for the Storm

I am Safety Girl, and so it is to be expected that I'm not taking any chances. My car is full of gas, I have plenty of matches and candles, and I am going to take down my bird feeders and secure other outdoor items that I don't want to have flying around my yard. This may turn out to be nothing. The winds are already slowing down some, which I'm sure is good news for our friends on the coast. But it could speed back up. You never know. The last I heard, the thing is supposed to stall out over Dallas and we are supposed to get over 20 inches of rain. That ain't good. Time to go to SuperTarget for all my stock-piling needs.

Can you believe those poor people on the JetBlue plane had to watch news reports of their peril while they were circling LA for three hours? Damn! I would have had to be restrained and drugged.

3 comments:

Robert_M said...

At Addison they used to do stuff like that with little Piper cub planes. There were some heroic landing gear stunts performed. Including having a pick up truck speed down the runway while a guy reaches up to pull the rig down on a low flying plane.

Fall guy city

Julie said...

Glad you reminded me about bird my bird feeders- I am going to go get them right now- I wonder if I should bring my flag in off my flag pole. hum... and what about my patio furniture??? maybe I will put it in the shed. Ugh! Lots of work to be done. I hear you need to fill up your bathtub with water too so you can flush the toilet. don't forget to do that!!!

Gye Greene said...

Safety Girl: A good name for when you finally get your super-powers. Your costume could include a green tunic with a white cross on it -- like they have on first-aid kits.

BTW, Harry Potter says "Eyzjop!"

--GG