Saturday, September 24, 2005

Serenity Now

I have now had some coffee, and am feeling less mad about not getting any rain. I sat in my chair and read the wise words of Mister Rogers and I am feeling more serene. And it doesn't hurt that I am about to make some chocolate chip cookies for my mom's birthday. Plus my dad promised that after Monday it won't get into the 90s anymore. Anyway, sorry for being all crabby.

Yesterday in honor of New Orleans, I made some shrimp and andouille jambalaya. I was really nervous about it, because I had to deviate from the recipe quite a bit, but it turned out pretty good, and Kev seemed to like it, and I know what to do next time to make it a little better. Maybe if New Orleans cannot come back from all this, all those good chefs down there will come up to Dallas and start restaurants. I think I know the perfect spot for Voodoo BBQ to relocate right down the street.

In the most recent Lakewood Advocate magazine, McMansion-Maker Elizabeth Newman said she gets spit on a lot, and is bothered that people don't like what she's doing to the neighborhood, but that she's not going to lose sleep over it because if she didn't built those big ugly houses, someone else would. Nice.

Mister Rogers would want me to be kind to Elizabeth Newman anyway. He is probably right. Dangit.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Dallasites!
But we don't really have a good Cajun food place. And you can never have too much BBQ.