Monday, February 14, 2005

Killing Time Between Kids

Let's face it. I'm sick. The tickle has won. I did my best since November, but no amount of saltwater, juice, and positive thinking can overcome daily encounters with snotty children, and sick husbands, and Lord only knows what's on the hundreds of doorknobs I've touched. I'm good about washing my hands a lot, but looks like it just wasn't enough. Well, I guess I haven't been sick since the awful Christmas Party Day flu of 2003, so I won't complain too much. Could be worse I guess.

Here is some gossip: Yesterday as I was eavesdropping on the loud conversation between a couple of across-the-street neighbors, I learned that one of them is the goalie for the Dallas Burn (or whatever they are called now), and that some of the people who live in one of the ugly giant brick Plano (west) houses on our street were drug-raided by the FBI the other night. I was probably asleep. I miss all the action.

A quick word about the band. I hope that everyone out there realizes that we are having a band just for fun, and that we don't think we should be big rock stars, nor do we have aspirations to be. It's hard to tell how things come across in a blog. Anyway, the whole reason Kev put the songs on Nowhere Radio was so he could get some feedback from some home-recording guys about how to do better mixing and so forth. With that said, I am still pretty stoked to be able to say our songs are on a chart somewhere. The Chipmunk song has moved up to number 1! Also, we have a reggae song in the works, but we really are gonna need someone to sing it. Any volunteers? There are no lyrics yet, but I promise it won't be about a possum or other critter. It might be about food though. Or you could submit your own ideas. We really want more people to participate.

On to nature. I am really really concerned that no one is listening to the global warming scientists. This is not just about the polar bears. We could all be in serious trouble, or at least our grandkids could. I received some info in the mail from the International Arctic Research Center, which spells out everything in easy to understand language. I think I am going to send my copy to President Bush, and order another one for myself. Maybe I should send mine to Laura Bush. He listens to her. Mostly, I encourage those of you who have never really considered environmental issues to be important, to read a little about them with an open mind.

Well, I think my next kid has arrived. Good news is, I can stop being paranoid about the snotty kids. They already got me.

1 comment:

john clarke said...

I hate to be the bearer of really bad news, but that was no FBI drug raid that happened in the 6200 block Palo Pinto the other night. That was the home of one Dr. Phillip Todd Calvin, Lakewood's "Singing Dentist" and NAMBLA member. Dr. Calvin was on his way to Mexico to have sex with children when he was arrested by the feds in San Diego.

It was all over the news last night. Here's a link to the Dallas Morning News on the story.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/021505dnmetcalvin.a90e2.html