Monday, February 14, 2005

Monday Monday

First of all, Happy Birthday to my friend and fellow blogger over at Pills Thrills and Bellyaches! I hope he has a good year this year so he can blog all about it.

Did you guys watch the Grammy's? Oh man, it was horrible. Well, at least the parts I saw. I was flipping to it during commercials of the Alaska show I was watching, and kept seeing bad performances by people with lots of bling and very little talent. The J-Lo / Marc Anthony thing was unbearable. I was pleased to learn thanks to the graphic at the bottom of my screen that the great Charlie Haden won a Grammy for best Latin Jazz album. He has no bling, but tons of talent. That's why he didn't get to be on the broadcast I guess. I missed the Tsunami relief song. Did they show it, or was it only for computer viewing? I remember when I used to like the Grammy's.

Good news...PPHPHB has enterred the nowhere radio jazz chart at number 8 with Sock Monkey Man. PPHPHB has no bling at all, and the talent is questionable at times, but I still appreciate the support we get in spite of that. I suppose it's possible that some of the play we are getting is because some guy listens to a song, and then calls out, "Hey Marge! You gotta come get a load o' this sock monkey nonsense!" and plays it again. But I'd like to think that maybe some people out there find house band songs refreshingly un-slick and characterful.

I am still not feeling great, but I have to go to work today. Probably by the time the weekend rolls around again, the weather will have turned back to crap. I really want to ride my bike. It is so nice out.

No more alphabet, so I'm gonna have to come up with something new for days when there's nothing to blog about. Suggestions are welcome, but not expected, as always.

1 comment:

Robert_M said...

Thanks!!! I'm old now. I like when you blog in support of nature, and about the band.