Thursday, February 10, 2005

Taking Action and Random Stuff for Thursday

This morning, I filled in some of the more rational questions on the survey from the Democrats, and added in the "comments" section that I was troubled by the tone of the survey and mission statement. I mailed it in with no financial contribution. Do you think it will be read and counted? Or do you think they throw away the ones with no money?

Then I sent a small contribution to Alaskan wildlife via Robert Redford and his nice organization.

I kept the PETA nickel, and plan to put it in the next SPCA collection box I see.

Diane Rehm had on some people from the Westminster dog show today. They kept calling it a sport.

I am troubled by North Korea. Kev says I should stop reading the news every day. I think he is beaten down by my troubledness (troubledism? troubledocity?) and my desire to watch a little network TV now and then.

Valentine's day is silly. But it's a good excuse to go to a nice restaurant.

The brown-headed cow birds have taken over my yard. I am going to change the kind of seed in my feeders.

I have a throat tickle again, but this one isn't like the others. The others were annoying, but this one is downright painful. Still, I think it is more of an allergy feeling than a "I'm getting the flu" feeling. I hope so. Anyway, the fight against sick continues.

My parents keep their house at a ridiculously low temperature. That is where I am now, and I am freezing. At least I get to hang out with Albert over here. He is good and smart and much more sporty than the dog show dogs.

No comments: