Thursday, February 17, 2005

Late Night Visitor

As most of you know, I am a huge fan of back-yard critters. But after last night, I might have to say that at times these visitors are not such a good thing. Albert the Dog was spending the night at my parents' house, and had to "go" at 4am, so my dad let him out. Albert saw a cat, and chased it under the fence, only it wasn't a cat at all. It was a skunk! And it sprayed Albert all over, which he didn't like. Then Albert ran inside and wiped skunk smell all over my parents' carpet, which they didn't like. So they called my brother to come get his dog, which he did. And now, Albert, my dad, my mom, their house, Jeff's house, and probably Jeff, all smell like skunk. I went over to my parents' house to do some work, but didn't stay because I didn't want the smell to get attached to me. My mom came outside, bending slightly forward, saying "smell my head." I had to get out of there. There is talk of tomato juice baths for all. Pancho would never have caused such trouble. How I miss that possom! Anyway, poor Albert. I feel sorry for him. He has to go get a booster shot now, because the vet said rabies can travel in liquid (skunk spray) as well as in bites. Kev once said we should get a skunk for a pet. I think you can get them de-smelled. But I think maybe a skunk is not the pet for me.

6 comments:

Jaya said...

Eeks...I got sprayed by a skunk once indirectly (don't ask) and the only thing that worked was washing with vinegar. I used apple cider vinegar.

Sounds like last night was full of excitment! Skunks are paranoid and very nervous when they are young.

john clarke said...

The thought of Mrs. Renshaw requesting that her daughter "smell her head" makes me laugh.

Otherwise, I'm sorry about the skunk troubles in your family life.

Larry Feathers said...

Last night Albert acted like he felt ashamed of his smell. I let him sleep next to my bed. It sucks to sleep next to skunk smell, but I'm worried about my dog getting a complex.

My hands smell like skunk, but I think the rest of my self body smells as fresh as it regularly stinks.

I feel sorry for Albert, but I also feel sorry for skunks. What if we people couldn't help but toot real hard every time we got scared? Nobody would like us even more than they already don't. Have a nice weekend.

K. said...

I for one don't mind the odor of skunk, at least from a distance. Not that I'm saying Calvin Klein should add this to their line of perfumes or anything.

Skunks have got a bad rap. I think that when you de-smell them they make great pets.

Larry Feathers said...

I think some perfumes contain skunk oil.
I prefer Canoe by Mervyns.

Robert_M said...

Face It I did Al a favor I sooo don't stink.

-Pepe