Friday, February 11, 2005

Reason to Celebrate

As I sit here in my house pants with my chai tea and look out the window at some birds, I am pretty sure that my friend Damon is on his way home from his service in Iraq. He was due to head home today after a long and scary caravan to Baghdad. I think he has to spend a little de-briefing time in Oklahoma, and then he'll be back in Dallas where he belongs.

I am still fighting the sick. I feel I am operating at about 70%. But, I am not officially sick. No time for sick.

I am craving warm fruit cobbler something fierce.

READER POLL (please participate): If someone said to you, "I haven't left the house for several days," what is the first number that would come to your mind as the number of days "several" implies? Thanks!

2 comments:

K. said...

Two! Ha ha, just kidding. Three.

Robert_M said...

In my world (warped though it may be) several would mean 3 or more, but less than a week.