Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Oh, Who are the Sickos in your Neighborhood

Gross. I just found out I was wrong about the FBI drug raid in the big ugly new house a few doors down. The Dallas Morning News has informed me that instead, the house was being searched by the FBI because its owner, popular dentist Dr. Calvin (aka "the singing dentist") has been arrested in San Diego with some of his sicko friends for being part of a group of people who support - and in fact participate in - what they like to call "man/boy love." I will not go into detail since I like to keep it clean here on the LRHS. This is a dentist I almost chose, as his office is near my house. This guy has two kids, and I assume a now very embarrassed and despairing wife. You never know about your neighbors I guess. I believe that a link to the full story is in the comments section of my previous blog. Shout out to John for that. Anyway gross gross gross. Gross. I feel sick. I wish it had been drugs.

I am having a lot of trouble with hotmail at the moment, so forgive me if I have been unable to reply to your emails. I don't know what the problem is, but I hope it is sorted out soon.

This cold I have is an absolute beating. I have to stop down every five minutes to go blow my nose or sneeze. In fact, just as I was typing the word "sneeze" I sneezed. I took some Dayquil, but it hasn't done any good at all. I have to go to work later, which really sucks. I hate dealing with the public when I am all stopped up. What good is a speech therapist who can't say one's "m's" and "n's" due to severe congestion. Anyway, since I am not contagious, I can't really call in sick or anything. I'll just have to suck it up and do the best I can.

And appropriately enough for this depressing day, Joy Division has just come on my sirius station.

Blah. Positivity later.

1 comment:

john clarke said...

Imagine the calamity in my house last night. Karen saw the tease on the news about Dr. Calvin and came rushing into get me, saying her old dentist just got arrested. She almost vomited after we watched the full account of the arrest.

The lesson to be learned is this: If a medical professional bills himself as "The Singing Dentist" or dresses up in any sort of clown paraphenalia, run away screaming.