Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Rock Stars

One time at a Sound Warehouse in-store (autograph signing thing), I got to meet the Cult. The singer would only sign "Wolf Child" and not his name. Then my friend's brother, who was an insider-type, went to dinner with the band, and the singer threw up in the restaurant.
Another time we went to a party for Yanni at the record company office. Why? Free food and the opportunity to schmooze record weasels I reckon. I did not make any effort to meet Yanni. He is creepy.
At a Richard Marx in-store, some chick brought Richard Marx a dozen roses. When the in-store was over, I said, "Hey Richard Marx, here are these roses from that chick," and he said, "You take 'em." So I did. He wore his sunglasses the whole time he was in our store.
Another time we had Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman, and Howe. Anderson was very weird and short.
Other in-stores I participated in were Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, the Alarm, Whitesnake, and Tora Tora. At the Whitesnake one, I got to stand right by the band's table the whole time, and tell all the fans when it was ok for them to move up to the table. A rare moment of feeling powerful for me. It was a cool job for a teenager I guess.

1 comment:

K. said...

Dude! And to think I married someone who has met Bon Jovi AND Colonel Sanders.

Yanni, Kenny G., John Tesh, and Michael Bolton may in fact be the Four Horsemen of the Apocolypse. Let's hope they never decide to do a concert together.

-K.