Wednesday, February 09, 2005

LRHS News for Wednesday

First of all, a belated Happy Mardi Gras to everyone. We celebrated by Kev making Gumbo, which was awesome. This is one of his specialities, but he has never made it for me, because of my selective palate. I was mostly concerned about the presence of green bell peppers, but Kev assured me that they would mellow out in the cooking process and take on the flavors of the herbs and spices and other ingredients. I was suspicious, but dang-it if he wasn't right! It was a fabulous meal, and the best news is that we get to have more tomorrow night, and there was enough to freeze for sometime in the future. I like gumbo!

Today when I was reading about some monkeys in Bolivia on CNN.com, I found out that for $689, I can become a certified wildlife conservationist by taking a course at home! Plus they throw in your very own Swiss Army Knife and Compass! I might just do it. This could be the career change I have been looking for.

Wouldn't you know it though, things are picking up at work. I just started a new client, and have three more new possible clients in the works. How will I have time to become an assistant park ranger or wilderness guide?

I made a list and discovered that without leaving my property, I have seen 20 different kinds of birds in 2005. I will spare you the list, but I reckon that's a pretty good cound just for yard birds.

Another possibility I have considered is becoming a consierge. Kev just laughs at me, but I think it would be fun to stand at a podium and recommend to people good restaurants and fun things to do.

Have you guys heard about this Limewire thing where you pay a small fee like $28 for a lifetime subsription and then you can download all kinds of free music forever and it's legal?

Well, time to go to work now. Enjoy the Wednesday.

2 comments:

Robert_M said...

Limewire drained my lifeforce, but your experience may be different.

Tara said...

I don't have it, but my brother does. Please elaborate on your difficulties.