Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Chasing the Ducks

Daphne decided to chase the ducks and geese that hang out on the playground at Community Park. She walked over and said, "Hi ducks!" and then ran after them. Soon after this video was shot, we realized that where there are ducks and geese, there is lots of duck and goose poop. Luckily, there were no shoe casualties. I am glad the ducks and geese ran away from Daphne. My friend Shannon was once chased and nipped at by a goose. I apologize for the shakey camera-work. I'm not very good at filming stuff. The sound of a quacking Mallard is in my top ten favorite sounds, and you get to hear it in the video. It cracks me up every time.

I was excited to see Canada Geese fly over in formation several times during the trip, because there was a flock of them that hung out on a pond in my Aunt Kathy's neighborhood. They honked and honked. It was just like Winged Migration. I pointed them out to Daphne when they flew over, but I don't think she appreciated it as much as I did.

3 comments:

Gye Greene said...

When I was a little kid (and all the way through high school, IIRC) we had a bunch of ducks in the back yard -- free range, along the back half of the yard.

Once when I was about eight, I was eating a PBJ. I was distracted by something, and let my arm dangle to the side. A duck took a bite of my sandwich!!!

Opportunistic duck. :(

Since they tended to feast on slugs, I think I ditched the rest of the sandwich. I forget if my mom made me a replacement one or not, but she probably did.


--GG

Tara said...

Now THAT is my kind of story!

Julie said...

cute!