Friday, October 12, 2007

Greetings

Hello from wonderful Southern Indiana, home of the Harvest Homecoming Fall Festival, celebrating it's 40th birthday. I thought I would have time to blog while I was here, but I haven't had time to do much of anything that didn't involve eating and/or chasing the Peanut. She is having a terrific time. So are my mom and I but we are pretty exhausted from all the eating and chasing. There will be lots of pictures when I get back, including ones of my mom riding a motorcycle (!) and Daphne being allowed to eat an ice cream cone with no intervention from me(!!). And pictures of food. I am telling you that there is pretty much nothing better than a homemade hot apple dumpling with vanilla ice cream on a crisp fall day. And finally it IS fall...the first four days here it was hotter than Texas. But now it's in the 60's. DEEElightful. So tomorrow we are going back home where it is probably hot and there are no apple dumplings. But we miss Daddy and Grandpa and Uncle Jeff and Albert so it will be good to be home. Blogging returns ASAP.

One more thing I have to tell you...as I am typing this, I am trying to ignore Daphne who is behind me in the pack-n-play because I want her to take a nap and she keeps going Mommy...Mommy...Mommy...so finally I turned around and said What? and she said "I love you." And even though I know she is just stalling about the nap, it's still pretty dang cool.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Awwww- what a cutie! sounds like your having a great time- safe travels!

Kathy said...

A person’s home becomes filled with the spirits of those who visit and, although you are gone, I feel the love that you have left behind. The three of you are an interesting and lively trio and the only thing that could have made it better would be to have all of my Dallas family back home in Indiana so we could share all seasons together. However, I think I would then weigh 400 pounds! I truly enjoyed every minute.

Most memorable moments:

Mary riding her motorcycle.
Patty riding Mary’s motorcycle.
Bowel movements.
Sleeping with my sister. I snore, so she says.
Daphne teaching me how to fly.
Ring-around-the rosy.
Piggy toes.
Tara riding Mary’s motorcycle.
Washing towels.
Evening conversations.
Morning coffee.
Jakob reading to Daphne.
Brad reading to Daphne.
Eavie and Daphne hugging one another goodbye.
Daphne telling Patty, “I love you”.
Daphne patting me on the shoulder and saying “Aunt Kathy” - Major Milestone!
And learning that everything must be said at least three times.

Thanks for coming. Miss you guys! Can’t be sitting around here all day. Things to do so … “Up we go! Up we go! Up we go!”

Love
Kathy

Gye Greene said...

One of the bestest parts of being a parent is having yer kid say "ILY".

:)


--GG