Monday, October 22, 2007

Mall



I am so happy because it is COLD outside! It is also rainy, so Daphne and I spent the morning on an outing at the mall. Every trip to the mall is pretty much the same. I even have a favorite parking spot (in the covered parking garage of course). This is the usual routine: Stroll through Nordstrom past the shoes (Oh my gosh, there are some orange daisy rainboots in there!) and into the mall. First stop, the Nordstrom cafe for a latte. Today Daphne looked up at the lady and said,"Coffee." She knows her mommy well. Then it's off to the kids' stores. I usually don't buy anything, but there was a $3 orange t-shirt on clearance at BabyStyle so I got that. Then we check out the window display at the way-too-expensive toy store. Today, a giant Ernie puppet and a HUGE sock monkey doll were featured. We don't usually go in BabyGap, but we did today, and I'm so glad because I found the hat pictured above. Oh, I love this hat. Daphne calls it "Daddy Hat." She's right. Kev is going to love it. I like it...it has a very Van Morrison sort of feel to it. And it's on the big side, so she'll be able to wear it for a while I think. IF she will leave it on. Then, we stop at the waterfalls for a few cookies. Next stop, giant statues of guys with hammers. There are five. The hammers move up and down. Then a quick visit with the ducks and turtles in the water feature by Neiman's. Daphne loves it, but it always makes me feel kind of sad. In winter, they used to put penguins in there, but I don't know if they still do that. After we say goodbye to the ducks and turtles, we stop at Anthropologie, where I look around and want one of pretty much everything in the store. Today we played with a Monkey-in-the-Box. I really want to get it for the Peanut for Christmas, but it's $30! Next stop, the family restroom. And then we head for home. Daphne falls asleep in the car. It's always a fun outing. But all things considered, I'd really rather be outside. I hope it stops raining by tomorrow.

1 comment:

Gye Greene said...

That is an **excellent** pic!!!

I'll be she uses it as an album cover when she's a ''Tori Amos of the trumpet''.


--GG