Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!



Last night, I decided to start a Night-before-Halloween tradition for our little family, so while Kev took the Peanut to the park, I hollowed out one of our pumpkins, and when they got home, Kev carved it while we watched (while I held a very squirmy baby). Due to mosquitos, we had to do this inside the house on the subbysub tablecloth, but that was OK. After the pumpkin lighting ceremony, which we held on the porch in spite of the "bad bugs," we ate dinner in the TV room and watched the Great Pumpkin. Daphne loved Snoopy, and got upset when he cried during Schroeder's paino medley. I think the whole thing will be more fun and less exhausting next year, but I wanted the Peanut to sort of "get it" since we are taking her out tonight to a few houses in the neighborhood. She can say "trick or treat" but I have a feeling she won't say it at people's doors. She tends to clam up in situations like that. She does most of her talking while I'm trying to cook dinner: "Mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, up we go, up we go, play with you, play with you, mommy, mommy, dink-a-water pwease...uh-oh, POOPIN'!" I hope she doesn't announce that to any of our neighbors tonight! Anyway, I hope you all have a fun and safe Halloween, whatever you do. And enjoy the last day of the very best month of the year.

1 comment:

Gye Greene said...

Wow! Yours actually announces her poop? We're still working on annoucing the pee-pees...

Ours clams up, too, around strangers. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. (My nephew (4yo) is **very** outgoing, and would potentially walk off with just about any stranger that would talk with him...)


--GG