Monday, October 03, 2005

October at Last

October is off to a warm and muggy start, but there is hope as it is back into the low 70s on Thursday. At least it's been cool enough in the mornings to go for a walk. So, get this: Kev woke up earlier than me on Sunday and took a walk by himself and I'll be damned if he didn't tell me, "I think I saw an owl." My heart sank. It just must not be in the cards for me I guess.

All has been quiet across the way for the past few days. Maybe Rush Knucklehead has gone on tour with his band, Bad Fake Rush. Or maybe his downstairs neighbors went up there and did him in.

I now have received 5 or 6 soup recipes. If I can get to 10, it's book city.

We went to see A History of Violence on Sunday night. It was disturbing and violent and gorey, and had one of those "ha-ha we're not giving you closure" endings, but it was nice to get out of the house and I always enjoy the BBQ chicken wraps at the Studio Movie Grill. They come with DEE-licious sweet potato fries.

Tara Fun Fact: Here is something you may not know about me. I used to watch the WWF. I even went to a live event once with my brother. It was really funny. My favorite guys were Mankind/Mick Foley and The Rock. I don't watch it anymore. Is it still on? And I haven't seen any of the Rock's movies, but I bet he's actually a pretty decent actor. So there you go. Fake wrestling. One of my many short-lived phases.

Hoping to go to the Fair on Sunday, maybe it will be cool out. My cousin asked what is so great about the SFofT, and I will blog about that after I visit it this year so I can include some photos.

Kev is in the other room putting the finishing touches on the un-named jazz song. Nothing is on TV. I think I'll go read a book...almost finished with the Kinky Friedman. Pretty funny stuff. I think he'll make a good governer.

3 comments:

Gye Greene said...

Owl: Plenty of owls, plenty of time. ;)

Bad Fake Rush: A good [but non-Rush] potential band name or album title.

Movie with no closure: I hate that. I liked "Good Will Hunting" right up until the end -- did he get back together w/ Minnie Driver, or did she tell him to take a hike? (He kept making her cry, then leaving; MEAN!)

The Rock: Saw "Welcome to the Jungle." Fun movie, acting was reasonable; rent it. Plus, I've seen interviews and he seems like a nice guy.

Bleach said...

Glad to see a new blog up. I thought you might just keep trying to pass these "happy birthday" blogs off as posts for a while longer.

whitneydonkey said...

SA Eric can tell you a thing or two about wrestling.

mom says the Elvis music exhibit is really good. Not to be confused with the Elvis butter exhibit. (AT THE FAIR)