Saturday, October 29, 2005

PPHPHB Breaking News

As you may or may not know, the members of the PPHPHB, T and K, have been miserably ineffective at recruiting a horn section for the band. So, we are going to have a baby, and are hoping it can learn the trumpet. We are very excited to share this news with our family and friends. Below are the answers to some FAQs:

  • I am 8 weeks along, and young Satchmo is due to arrive on the 9th of June.
  • Yes, we are planning to find out, as LarryFeathers puts it, which kind of a kid it is.
  • I am feeling mostly fine other than tired and indigestiony at times.
  • No, we haven't thought of any names yet, and we plan to keep that a secret once we do.
  • No, we are not naming it Satchmo. Although, if - I mean when - we ever get a dog...

So that's our big news. Some of you are probably thinking, "But Tara, you are the biggest wimp I know. How ever will you pull this off?" And it's funny, I never thought I could do it either, but yesterday for the first time in my life, I let a lady sick a needle in my arm and I didn't even really flinch. So I reckon this will be nowhere near as bad as I have built it up to be in my head over the years. I am going to be brave and try not to complain too much and make everyone proud of me.

Meanwhile, the blogging will continue, and I will try not to beat you down with too much baby talk.

10 comments:

marty said...

8 weeks huh.... I must let you know the gossip mill has rumored this is a MILKSHAKES N FRIED MUSHROOMS baby built by the amorous atmpsphere of Hyde Park...
I on the other hand am just happy to be an expecting uncle. Gratz guys

K. said...

Thanks!

As far as a name goes, I'm pushing hard for Ramekin if its a boy and Strudel if its a girl. But this is meeting with some resistance.

-K.

Gye Greene said...

Wow wow wow! ;) And double-wow!

That's great! Y'all can try your darndest to not pressure your kid into musician-ness.

Maybe you can name the kid after the blog (e.g. ''Pinto'').

My wife says the specifics of the childbirth fade with time. Probably nature's way of getting people to have more than one kid. :)


--GG

john clarke said...

Cool. Good timing too. This way you'll deliver before it's hot as hell.

Julie said...

YIPPEE!!! I have strong faith in you T that you will be a great trouper in the whole process and of course ya'll will be fabulous parents!! I am way too excited and glad to hear the dr. appt. went well. Do share how you told your parents.

:)

Bleach said...

Congrats, I am looking forward to reading this kids blog 14 years from now when they are interactive.

I am happy for you.

Gye Greene said...

Congratulations also!

And, by the way: If a blog's readership is any indication of a couple's niceness, you two must be very nice indeed! Twelve comments (plus mine)! Impressive! :)


--TG

P.S. I vote for ''Giovanni''.

whitneydonkey said...

I am so excited for yall.
I can only hope that you'll use Garland as a middle name instead of a first name.

Tara said...

Kim! Ix-nay on the Amekin-ray. Please don't encourage him...

tschy said...

Congratulations Tara - and you too Kevin (people tend to kind of overlook you just a little more from this point forward - but it's generally no big-deal unless you are hypersensitive to those kinds of things...then again, since I haver never actually met you?). You are in for the time of your life...in many more ways than one! Welcome to the club.