Question of the day for Wednesday:
Name your top 5 best rock/live music shows, and worst 5 too!
Um...wait a minute, this is hard. Gotta think about this for a while...
- Saxon/Armoured Saint at the Arcadia
- Nine Inch Nails at the Arcadia (opened for Peter Murphy...I stayed in the lobby).
- Debbie Harry at some bar...no band, basically a karaoke show, very wheels-off
- The Who at Reunion a few years ago...shockingly bad, after seeing them live before at the Cotton Bowl and thinking it was amazing. A big disappointment.
- The Texxas Jam the year it had the weird line-up of Ziggy Marley, INXS, and Guns -n- Roses...was that a Texxas Jam, or just a Fest of some kind? It was awful.
- Charlie Haden at the Blue Note, New York City, the night we got engaged.
- Doc Watson at Bass Hall, Fort Worth
- Echo and the Bunnymen, Bronco Bowl
- KISS with make-up at Reunion...HUGE fun-factor
- Prince at AAC last year
- And all the good people I have seen at the old Poor David's Pub, including Lloyd Cole, John Wesley Harding, and Tab Benoit.
And an addition to the WORST list: Ringo Starr's All Stars in some field over off LBJ somewhere. I felt I had to go. He was a Beatle after all.
I reckon if I was asked the same question tomorrow, you'd get a completely different list.