Friday, April 01, 2005

Bird Report for Friday


American Kestrel - Plano

This is one of the American Kestrels that hangs out near my office building. I wish I had a better zoom lens so you could see how cool it is. If you want to see them, go to the Benigan's parking lot on 75 between 15th and Park, and look for them on the power lines and lamp posts. They are the ones that aren't pigeons or grackles.

This morning, Kev and I went for a walk at White Rock Lake. We saw grackles, cardinals, doves, mallards, wood ducks, redwing blackbirds, cowbirds, killdeers, coots, gulls, great egrets, geese, a pelican, and mockingbirds. The coolest thing we saw was a bunch of barn swallows near the spillway. Very fun to watch, as they are fast and swoopy. This is a great time of year to go to the lake with people you like. Never know what you will see.

It will be kind of sad when Kev gets a job and we can't go the lake on a whim anymore. Plus, then I will have to return to being the cooker. I like cooking, but it has been so great coming home to Kev's fabulous meals.

In preparation for summer, I got a pedicure today. Oh, how I love getting a pedicure. I recommend it to everyone who wants happy feet. I fear the coming of summer. It is my goal to spend as much time as possible outside before the temperatures and mosquitos become unbearable. I have recently discovered the joy of lying on a blanket in my back yard. This is especially fun if there are chips and salsa (I prefer salsa verde), and not much wind.

If Kev and I go to Baja, CA for a friend's wedding in September, I am considering paragliding in San Diego. This involves jumping from a cliff (with a tandem pilot) and soaring above the Pacific Ocean for 25 minutes before landing on the beach below. Can you imagine how much fun that would be? I bet you anything I chicken out. It sucks to be such a wimp.

Well, sorry this blog is so bird-intensive. I tried to get some baseball talk started, but not much came of it. I hope everyone has a nice weekend. Posted by Hello

No comments: