Tuesday, April 05, 2005

In Response...

Hello! and thanks for all your recent comments. Sorry I haven't responded until now. Long day at work yesterday.

To "Tall Guy" - Thanks for commenting all the way from Australia! Good point about the Steve Martin movies. My favorites are the Jerk, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, and both of his novels are good, so maybe by the time I'm in a coma, they will be movies. By the way, "Tall Guy," are you a cardboard stand-up? Also, what is your position on Cane Toads? I enjoyed that movie quite a bit.

To "Marty" - Thanks for reading my blog! Actually Kev wasn't supposed to tell any of you guys about it, because I was hoping you wouldn't discover just how much of a complete dork I am, but that's OK I guess. I don't think I was hiding it very well anyway. Thanks again to you and your wife for the cool flags for Team Earth. I hope to find more postings at Elephants on Parade. The picture is very funny. And by the way, I am a Texan who has been to Long Island exactly twice. And I plan to return, so prepare the bee-suit! Hi to Kim, Jazz, and the great Rosco!

To "Robert M" - things having to do with the lama should never be considered "fightin' words." Also, Kev and I would love to go with you guys to an FCDallas match sometime. We have percussion instruments we could bring. Also, I am saddened by your hatred of baseball.

To "John Clarke" - If my neighbor can run a power sander all day on Sunday without blinking an eye, then I'm not gonna feel too bad about keeping bees. Maybe you and Karen should do it. I'm sure your yard is bigger than ours.

To "LarryFeathers" - please blog more. Readers want to know about gravy and motivational speakers.

To "K" - if there is one thing that will get me out of a coma, it's the snake noise.

2 comments:

Gye Greene said...

re: Am I a cardboard stand-up. You mean, when I attempt comedy, do I have a boring delivery. Unfortunately, yes -- so I've been told.

I'm the guy in the photo with Gye Greene, NOT Gye Greene. Don't know if that answers your question.

re: cane toads. Not sure of the movie of which you speak (but I agree with the Steve Martin movies; haven't read any of his books), but there's cane toads in our yard, and in Gye Greene's wife's parents' yard (across the road; we're semi-rural). They're bad because they're squeezing out the native species of frogs & toads, and they're moderately poisonous, and thus can kill dogs if they catch 'em and chew on 'em.

--Tall Guy

Gye Greene said...

Addendum:

On the plus side, GG's brother-in-law is a high school science teacher, so instead of ordering formaldehyde-soaked frogs from a scientific supply lab, he just comes out at night with a flashlight, catches 'em, and freezes 'em. (For dissection in class.)

--Tall Guy