Saturday, April 30, 2005

Mad

I am angry so I am going to rant, and then it will all be out of my system so I can get back to practicing patience and tolerance.

1. Yesterday I took my car to the Buick dealership because the driver's side-view mirror, which they replaced in October, fell off again. I told them to please fix it again, and then change the oil and do my state inspection. So they fixed my mirror, and then told me the car wouldn't pass inspection because the oxygen sensor needed to be replaced and that would be about $400.00, please. So we called Ken's Mufflers and the guy said if I needed a new oxygen thingy it would be about $150.00, so we picked up my car from the Buick dealership and went to Ken's. So the nice man at Ken's plugged in a thing that reads codes and tells you what your car's problem is, and the code that came up was not the oxygen sensor at all, but the evaporative somesuch, and I should take my car on over to Belmont garage where they are good and fair. So I went home and called Belmont Garage and had the pleasure of talking to the world's rudest man who said I'd just have to bring my car in on Monday and leave it and that it could take hours (he said "arrs") to fix and he was just a real jerk and he made me so mad, but I will take my car there anyway because I don't know anything about evaporative somesuches and neither does Kev, so what else can I do? Why do we let people get away with being so rude? If someone called my office needing help with their kid, and I talked to them in such a hateful and condescending way, I would not have any clients and I'd be out of work pretty quick. But for some reason, many (NOT ALL) mechanics have this terrible attitude and poor social skills, and we just let it go because they know the magical secrets of cars. So now, after a whole day of car hassles, I still don't know what's wrong with my car, how much it will cost to fix, how long it will take, and meanwhile my inspection sticker expires tomorrow and I have to go see the mean man first thing Monday. So that's one thing I am mad about.

2. I found out that 7 democratic congresspersons failed to show up for the vote on the budget. Had they shown up, the budget would not have passed, and the Artic would be safe for now. Is it not a congressperson's responsibility to his or her constituents to show up and vote on stuff? I am so disgusted.

3. People drive too fast down my street.

4. Humans seem hell-bent on blowing each other up, abducting each other, and covering the planet with oil refineries and strip malls and Wal-Marts. Plus many of them are hateful, rude, and condescending. Dogs don't do any of those things.

5. Mosquitoes.

6. I am dismayed to find out that a house across the street is going to be the latest tear-down, meaning I have months of construction noise and big trucks blocking the street to look forward to, resulting in a new ugly giant McMansion.

OK, I think that is all I am mad about right now. Hopefully I can be nicer to Kev now. None of this is his fault, but he is the one who has to put up with my grouchiness. So, sorry to Kev, and to all of you who had to read all this negativity. Better days ahead I hope.

6 comments:

K. said...

Sad...Mad...let's hope Glad is next.

Tara said...

Your wish is my command.....

john clarke said...

The next time you have auto troubles, head to the garage a few blocks away from the Belmont garage. I think it's called Mustang automotive. It's on the other side of Cafe Brazil on Abrams. I've had very good luck with them, they didn't overcharge, and nobody said "arrrhs."

Robert_M said...

Always consult with John on matters of the car. I found this to be a good practice.

Gye Greene said...

Actually, #5 probably **is** Kevin's fault. ;)

--GG

marty said...

I concur with k. May is a happy month, and I think the Lazy Russian Horses Show should reflect that with pictures of flowers and birds and general happiness.