Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Those Bee People

OK, after doing some minimal research, I have discovered that the Chicken Payback band is called The Band of Bees, and they have stuff you can get on the internet, so I will be putting them on my birthday/Christmas list unless Larryfeathers would like to burn some stuff for me before then. This is music that will make you feel really happy, at least that's what I can tell from the samples on Amazon. I rarely get excited about any new music because it requires too much research to find any good stuff. In fact, the last new music I heard and liked was the Shins and that's only because my friend Curtis had it on at a pumpkin carving thing a couple of years ago. So thanks to Roberto Mintez for helping me find out about the happy bee people, and some other good stuff too.

3 comments:

Gye Greene said...

Ah! Thanks for finding that info.

You should go to here and add the Telex album "Looney Tunes" to your list. Good, delightfully strange (but catchy!) stuff. :)

--TG

Robert_M said...

Just called the Bees in the UK, here they are a band of bees. I guess someone already had the name, and Bees UK is just lame.

Glad you like it.

Gye Greene said...

Actually, if you truly like a band, you should try your hardest to go buy the album rather than get a bogus copy. The band probably needs the eighty-six cents worth of royalties an actual purchase would earn them. ;)

--GyeG reene