Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Tips from the LRHS

1. If you want to do something fun on a Tuesday afternoon, go to the bowling alley on Plaza Drive off of NW HWY in Garland for some bowling. We went there yesterday, and there was almost nobody in the place, so it was not crowded or smokey. In fact, there was only one other couple in there...a little old man and lady. The weird thing was that even though there were like 50 lanes in there, the dude put the old couple in the lane right next to us, so we had to watch out not to say any curse-words when we got gutter balls. I got several gutter balls, which was disappointing because I am usually better than that. Kev did really well. I had to wash my hands a lot when we finished. I felt pretty grimey from the bowling alley.

2. If you want some good Italian food, try Carrabba's on Abram's in Lakewood. We ate there last night for our anniversary because my brother gave us a gift card for Christmas. I had the "Chicken Bryan' which was grilled chicken with goat cheese and sun-dried tomatoes (which I scraped off - no problem) and basil lemon sauce, with a side of garlic mashed potatoes and lentil-sausage soup. VERY tasty! Kev had "Pollo Rosa Maria" which was grilled chicken stuffed with fontina cheese with mushrooms and basil lemon sauce on top. His was great too. Then we shared a creme brulee for dessert. All of the food was great, the service was great, and it wasn't crowded. So Carrabba's gets a big thumbs up from the LRHS. Plus it's not that expensive, and it's pretty casual. They have more locations. One is in Plano, dangerously close to my office.

3. If you want to save money on your anniversary, adopt a "no gift" policy, go bowling ($3 per game!), and use a gift certificate from Christmas to go out to dinner.

4. If you are already full after dinner, skip dessert or you'll be sorry. (Sorry Kev, my fault).

1 comment:

Gye Greene said...

#4 - Sorry -- did you urp?

Anniversaries: My housemate & his wife buy something for the house: a china cabinet, a nice lamp, whatever.

But apparently, "an electric guitar" doesn't count.

-Tall Guy