Friday, April 22, 2005

Downtown

Today I went downtown, and I liked what I saw. There is a lot more going on down there than there used to be. People everywhere, shops, restaurants, etc. I met my friend John at Earthfest, which was pretty cool...I signed a pledge to help keep Dallas beautiful, and I got some free Cliff Bars, a notepad, a couple of magnets, and some other stuff, and I met an Opossum named Arnie, and I saw a really bad Elvis impersonator. John and I ate lunch at Campisi's, which is in what I have decided to call the Corridor of Happiness, because it was long and thin, like a corridor, and all the people there were happy with their pizza and gyros and coffee and patio seating. Then we went to Magic Magic Dollar Store, where a very nice man sold John some gum. Downtown used to be dead. Not anymore. That's a good thing.

I celebrated Earth Day by hanging up my new flag and filling all my bird feeders and learning about Hybrid cars and riding the train. Kev is mowing the lawn and cleaning out the gutters.

Have a good weekend.

No comments: