Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Back Home Again, in Indiana


Much like sa_eric, I decided to visit homes of my past during my trip to Indiana. This is the house where I lived when I was born. I don't remeber it, except for seeing some pictures and home movies from when we lived there. There is a Super-8 film of me sitting on a blanket in the front yard. I crawl over to the edge of the blanket and accidentally touch the grass, which causes a very shocked and distressed Tara-face, and then some crying. And so began my lifelong battle with sensory issues. I still won't walk barefoot in grass, unless it is perfect grass like on a golf course green, and that is just the tip of the proverbial iceberg. Maybe Kev will blog a blog about how he always has to write down my score for me when we play darts because I refuse to touch chalk. Anyway, I really like this house. It is cute and has a good front porch and probably a basement. Too bad the new homes they are building don't look more like this one.

This is the third time I have written this blog. It has gotten shorter each time. Every time I try to publish it, I lose connection to the internet. Third time's the charm I hope... Posted by Hello

4 comments:

whitneydonkey said...

is this ralph's great grandma's house?

john clarke said...

The house is similar in style and age to the Palo Pinto crib. No wonder you've become attached to the yellow house with the front porch.

Robert_M said...

I share your texture issues when it comes to chalk

Gye Greene said...

Losing blog entries: I used to be paranoid and compose as a text file, then copy & paste into the web interface. Then I became trusting -- and got bit. Sorry to hear about your losing the entries; highly frustrating.

Chalk: When I teach, some semesters I'm assigned a room with a chalkboard instead of a wipe board. For those semeseters, I bring along a big rubber dishwashing glove, to keep the chalk dust off my hand. It amuses the students.

--GG