Tuesday, June 28, 2005

TV-Watching is a Sport

Tonight I could watch either 1976's The Boy in the Plastic Bubble, starring a young John Travolta, or It Came from Outer Space...1950's sci-fi.

How ever will I decide?

UPDATE:

We watched the Sci-Fi, and it was great...campy and silly. I loved it. Plus, Kev said,"I'm not watchin' no Bubble Boy." I did flip over a couple of times to check in on Barbarino in a Bubble, and it was as cheesy as I thougt it would be. At the end, he goes to school wearing basically a space-suit with an air-tank, and he talks through a little screen like Darth Vader, only less cool. Anyway, I recommend It Came from Outer Space if you are in the mood for 90 minutes of low-budget special effects and some sinister theramin music that lets you know when the martian is nearby.

3 comments:

john clarke said...

I don't know what you choose. But I would have gone with the Boy In The Plastic Bubble. John Travolta crys in this movie. I think. I saw it when it was a new ABC movie of the week. And at that time, I could not seperate the boy in the bubble from Vinnie Barbarino: "Who? What? Where? Why am I in this bubble?"

Julie said...

I concur with John- Bubble Boy is good if I recall- as I too saw it on an ABC Movie of the week- I loved him!

Gye Greene said...

You should rent "Bubble Boy" (2001). Funny, lighthearted. Reminded me of "Pee Wee's Big Adventure" -- but if you **didn't** like Pee Wee's, don't let that comparison stop ya.

--GG