Thursday, June 30, 2005

Don't Mess with Texas

I am concerned about the reputation of this great state of ours. I mean, we killed Kennedy, we are the home of the increasingly unpopular current President, we have more executions than any other state, it's hot here, we have that show Sheer Dallas making us all look like jack-asses, we've got the kids from the Real World down there in Austin getting in fights on 6th street for the world to see, and now we have mad cow disease. Hey tourists, git yer guns and come on down!

I want people to think Texas is cool. Let's all get together and make people like us again.

6 comments:

Robert_M said...

Our pitchers hit people with chairs, and beat up camera men for no reason. Yep, Wild wild west.

Julie said...

Well, on the other hand, it is getting pretty crowded here. I mean- traffic is horrific. Maybe it will keep people away?

The Hatleyman said...

Tara...so sorry about the soundclick thingy...I had no idea...

Hey, we do have an offical spokesman. How can you not forget those immortal words from our great Gov. Perry...

Adios, mofo!


http://hatleyman.blogspot.com/

whitneydonkey said...

that post did not sound like t at all to me. texas is big ,sassy and great. think texas longhorns, texas toothpicks, and texas tea!
whats wrong with you people?

Tara said...

I know Texas is good, but I think its image outside the state is not so good. They don't talk about Texas Toothpicks on Fox News.

Gye Greene said...

Three words of coolness: "Walker, Texas Ranger."


--GG