Saturday, June 04, 2005

Saturday LRHS Funhouse


Kev's Dad and R2D2 - Circa 1979Posted by Hello

Just in case you didn't believe me, here is Kev's dad with his very own home-made R2D2. It walks around and everything via remote-control. Note the hand on R2's left shoulder. It belongs to Kev, who made me cut the rest of him out of the picture. I obliged because I am nice, but take my word, it's a really cute picture. I was forbidden to post any Jawa pictures. I don't know why...the person in the Jawa suit is masked and may or may not even be Kev. The funniest picture I found was of Kev's dad dressed as the Emperor...very scary looking...holding a new-born baby, probably Kev's sister Kim. I will have to see if I am allowed to post it. I really think Kev should have his own blog for all this stuff. There are some really funny and entertaining stories he could tell if he wanted to. I could not find a picture of R2She2, but I will continue to look.

There has been a lot of neighborhood traffic this morning as a result of the creepy estate sale down the block. I didn't go, but Reader John said he was going yesterday. Perhaps he can give us a report of his findings. I imagine it is a house with lots of black-leather furniture and "contemporary" fixtures, and big screen TVs in several rooms and things made of chrome.

I am waiting for my laundry to dry so I can head to Garland for dinner with my family...we have relatives in from Indiana. There has been a lot of talk of barbecue, so I am looking forward to it.

I can't believe no one remembers the dreaded Choga...Robby R., help me out, man. I'll bet you delivered (or received) a choga or two during your time at good ol' WMS. I hope it's not just an imaginary memory. I don't need any more evidence of my impending insanity.

4 comments:

john clarke said...

Sadly, I forgot to attend the creepy dentist fire sale. I can't believe I forgot.

Robert_M said...

We gleeked and frogged, but that's about it..oh and wedgie

Robert_M said...

That pic makes me happy

whitneydonkey said...

I remember choga, and i know sa_eric does too.