Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Look Abner!

I have turned into Mrs. Kravitz. I can't turn away from my window. This morning, I have already had to go outside and ask the construction guy to kindly move his truck off my grass. I watched while one of the workers crossed two lawns and stomped all over someone's garden in order to turn on their garden hose to wet one of those blue industrial paper towels, then tromp back through their garden and the two lawns to wipe the mirror on the truck with the paper towel WITHOUT ASKING - OR EVEN ATTEMPTING TO ASK - THE NEIGHBOR FOR USE OF THE HOSE. I know those people would be really ticked off...they work really hard on their flowers.

They've barely made a dent in the debris pile.

In a way, I sorta feel sorry for those guys. It's only 9:00, and it's already really hot out. And if that's not bad enough, today we have a red level (or "unhealthy") air quailty warning, which advises people not to go outside at all. You'd think it was Los Angeles, as gross as it is outside.

Still. Hot or no hot. Pollution or no pollution. You don't need to go around parking in people's grass, stepping on their flowers, or using their hoses without permission. I'll be watching you, you turkeys.

1 comment:

K. said...

Its gonna be a long summer.

-K.