Friday, June 17, 2005

Stool of Despair

Hello...is this thing on?

Guest blogger K. here. T. is off to Indiana for a few days and has asked me to fill in the dead airspace while she is away.

So...there is this wooden stool that I gave her a few Christmases ago. It has a sea turtle on it that I fashioned out of mosaic tiles. (I am generally not a crafty person but I had a lot of time on my hands that year.) Anyway, the intended purpose was to allow her to reach things up high like the liquor cabinet and other tall-people places.

While it does get used for reaching, the turtle stool has mainly become a place for her to sit in times of dire stress (which is about two or three times per week). She has this particularly forlorn way of squatting on it with her head in her hands. I have tried to tell her that the turtle stool is a happy place, but to no avail. It has become the Stool of Despair.

And now for some good news. Marty and ChickPChick are coming to town in July! Three cheers for Marty and the Chick!

-K.

3 comments:

Tara said...

Yay! Please continue to guest-blog! When I return, I will post a photo of the Turtle Stool of Happiness (not Despair!)

whitneydonkey said...

You are not supposed to tell stories about her on her own blog.
What have you been doing while she is gone??? have you been standing on the turtle and getting into the drink again?????

K. said...

no, but I did assume the squat position and spend a few quality minutes on the stool. Someone's got to be T. around here.

-K.