Sunday, May 01, 2005

Glad (by Request)

Hey, remember that Whitney and Bryce apartment I already told you about? Well, at that apartment on one of the end tables* next to the I Love Lucy couch, there was a ceramic gladiator head. Someone named it "Glad." It used to seem to always get knocked over, and every time it got knocked over, everyone would yell,"GLAD!" and then he would ceremoniously be retreived from the floor and placed back upon the end table. He never broke, even though he must have gotten knocked over like a hundred times. In fact, I think some people, during a dull moment, would knock him down on purpose just to create some yelling. Anyway, Glad survived that apartment, and was passed around for years from Whitney to Bryce to finally me. About 10 or 12 years later, I lived in a house with my friends Ken and Greg, and I kept Glad on top of the TV in my room. Ken came in there one day and knocked him down and he broke! It was sad. He had been through so much, and leave it to Ken to finally break him. Ken also cleaned our lizard's house with the soup ladel, and left the front door open all the time. But anyway, I reckon Glad probably had a more interesting life than any other ceramic gladiator head, so there you go.

* we used to make fun of my friend Carla because she thought end tables were "inn" tables.

5 comments:

Robert_M said...

I have some funny pics from the bowl o' pics. Perhaps you could post them here?

Tara said...

YES! If you get them to me, I can scan them, or you can email them to me. Do you have any pictures of Glad or Dino? No pics of me, please...would rather forget those 80's.
I have some funny high drama pictures of Bryce from the same bowl. I have been meaning to post, but haven't gotten to it yet.

Tara said...

You stole them, didn't you?

Robert_M said...

Stole? I thought they were party favors.

whitneydonkey said...

remenber abdul smoke head?

i think its funny that ken would clean chili's cage with a soup ladle. my soup ladle ended up in the garage the other day. the kids were using it in the front flower bed and then bob put it in the garage.